Chorizo and Pepper Frittata
- 6 oz. fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 12 EGGS, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro OR parsley
- 4 oz. queso fresco1, crumbled
- Coat large nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray.
- Cook chorizo over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Pour off drippings. Add bell pepper to skillet; sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in eggs; mix lightly and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Gently scramble eggs over medium heat 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until eggs are almost set, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from heat until eggs are completely set in center, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.