- Grind to a texture slightly finer than sea salt.
- Assemble AeroPress and set on counter flared end up.
- Insert paper filter into detachable plastic cap and wet filter with heated water.
- Pour ground coffee into AeroPress.
- Add enough heated water (at least 93°C) to saturate grounds and let it sit for 30 seconds.
- Use remainder of hot water to fill chamber.
- After a minute has elapsed, stir grounds 10 times to agitate.
- Fasten cap, ensuring it locks tightly into grooves.
- Flip whole assembly over with haste and control. Position atop your brew vessel.
- Begin applying downward pressure.*
*You will experience about 30 pounds of resistance here. If the pushing feels too easy, your grind is likely too coarse; if it’s very hard to push, chances are the grind is too fine. Your coffee is fully brewed once it begins to make a hissing sound. This means there is no more water to push through the device.